How does it work?
Online Consultation: We now offer alterations on your RUBU purchases as well as anything else you may want altering. We know how frustrating it can be when you spot the perfect vintage piece but the size or measurements are not quite right. We hope that by offering this extra service we can help make that amazing vintage piece perfect for you! Sustainability is at the centre of our business so we also want to help make those pieces last and are here to help if they need a tweak later on!
- All we'll need from you are the alterations and measurements you require.
- If you need any guidance on measuring yourself please do not hesitate to ask.
- A 20% discount will be offered for alterations on all RUBU items (previous purchases included).
- All items will be returned to you for free! If the item you would like altering is not a RUBU piece or it has already been received you will need to send this at your own cost.
Local Consultations: Mobile alterations are available locally with a free consultation in the comfort of your own home in surrounding areas of Ullesthorpe, Leicestershire. Collections are available from our studio on request.
Contact us to discuss your requirements so we can provide you with more details and a quote.
Please see below a list of services we offer with a price guide, if you have any other queries, please feel free to contact us. Please note we offer an extra 20% off for any RUBU items.
- Shorten/lengthen hem (unlined) from £15
- Shorten/lengthen hem (lined) from £20
- Shortening/lengthening sleeves from £15
- Shortening/lengthening straps from £15
- Part seams taken in/out from £15
- Taken in/out at side seams (unlined) from £20
- Taken in/out at side seams (lined) from £25
Terms & Conditions
Jobs will be priced individually depending on the item, the list above is a guide. RUBU pieces will all be priced with 20% off the usual rates. All items will be altered according to customer requirements, the customer will be responsible for sending over accurate measurements for us to work to accordingly. We are happy to help if you have any queries about measuring yourself. All items sent to us will be returned for free via 2nd class Royal Mail. Customers are responsible for postage costs to send us the item and we cannot be held accountable for items going missing or being damaged on the way to us.
Free home consultations offered locally within a 5 mile radius. Outside of this area a call out fee will be charged at 45p per mile.
*Please note lengthening and increasing measurements will depend on the seam/hem allowance of the garment and may not always be possible.